As a professional photographer, I love photographing the bond between parent and child. In this article, I’ve put together 7 father and son photo ideas to inspire you. Here are ideas for some cute ways to capture the relationship between father and child with a professional photoshoot.
Don’t wait for Father’s Day or a birthday for a photoshoot to capture those beautiful father and son moments! Any time is a good time to have some cute photos to celebrate that special father and son relationship.
A dad has such a special bond with his children and it started the very first moment he met them. If you’re looking to set up a daddy and me photo session with your photographer in order to capture this wonderful bond, below are a few ideas for perfectly capturing these memories.
7 Father and Son Photo Ideas to Inspire You
- Playing games. First, if there’s anything that dad’s do better than most, it’s playing games and having fun with their children. When they love being outside, there’s an opportunity for photos of them playing on the swing or enjoying a game of hide and seek. If they would prefer to be indoors, let them build a puzzle together or play with their favorite toys. Professional photos during play capture authentic and genuine moments full of personality. If their favorite toys happen to be cars, include that love in the photo session.
- Snuggle up and relax. Next, get out a few blankets and books and have dad read to them on the floor or on a couch. This type of photoshoot works well with a documentary photography style, with the resulting photos being natural and unposed.
- Get creative. Whether it’s making waffles in the kitchen or painting their next work of art, having the kids get creative with dad makes for some really memorable shots. This shoot idea would be great for getting fun photos full of laughter, and would also provide a reminder of a beautiful bonding session.
- Dress to match. Why not get your child and their dad a matching outfit that they can wear and pose together in. This could be anything from a waistcoat and bow tie to superhero costumes.
- Hugs and kisses. This is a great one for young children who love nothing more than to shower their dads with hugs and kisses. While this is a simple idea, it can make for some of the best photos.
- Take a stroll. Find a pretty location, such as a lake or a park, where the father and child can take a walk. They can then be photographed walking hand in hand. Or have your child sit on dad’s shoulders for a playful photo.
- Get close up. Close up, portrait shots of their faces are a beautiful way to capture the similarities between father and child.
When planning your father and son photo session, remember to choose a setting that allows your children to feel comfortable. Also, remember to incorporate where they most enjoy spending time with their dad.
If you’d like to book a photoshoot for your loved one, contact me today to book your ‘Daddy and me’ session. Gift cards are available as the perfect gift.
Love these tips and pictures! Father’s Day is coming up and this is perfect article to read before the session.