Choosing the Right Props for Your Austin Family Photo Session
Have you ever thought about adding props to your Austin family photo session? Props can add interest, depth and an extra flair to your pictures. Get your children to hold coordinating flowers for a spring or summer shoot. If you love sports, then use baseball bats in your next family photo session to bring out your passion. Here are a few tips for ways to incorporate props in your next family photo session.
- Avoid trends. While you might have seen some photos that incorporate a specific prop, try not to use something that will not look really dated in 20 years’ time. Classic is definitely better and there are many fun options to choose from.
- Be realistic. It’s easy to go wild when thinking of a theme for your photo session, but you should decide on one that you can actually find props for. For example, if you want to use seasonal props, try and source them in that season you are currently in.
- Size matters. There are some larger props that work well in photo sessions, such as, your family boat or dream car. However, there are some larger props that can take away from the photograph, so make sure that your prop enhances the photo and doesn’t detract from it.
- Make it meaningful. If your child has a favorite stuffed animal or if you have a musical instrument that you treasure, try and incorporate it into your photos. This way your pictures will have more meaning to you and your family. This is especially meaningful for a lifestyle newborn session.
- Use what you have. Make the current season work to your advantage by using what’s available. Leaves in the fall make for amazing props in photos and don’t cost a thing.
Remember, using props can be the perfect addition to your photos, but make sure that they don’t become the main focus. I hope these tips for choosing the right props for your next family photo session are helpful, and if you have any others, I’d love to hear about them.