Surviving an Austin Family Photoshoot
How to make your next Austin family photo session a stress free one.
Family photos are truly timeless. The products you receive make great keepsake for future generations. Getting the family together to take those perfect portraits can turn into chaos if not approached correctly. There is usually a lot more to consider when it comes to a family photoshoot since there are members of all ages. Because of this, there is some extra coordination involved. All of the below were taking into consideration as we planned a recent lifestyle family session at Circle C Park in Austin.
Below are some family photoshoot ideas and tips. The below will keep you and your loved ones calm and smiling the whole way through.
- Timing is everything. Customers with younger children involved in the photo session, should arrange the photoshoot at a time that all are well rested. A rested child makes for happy photos. It is up to you to make sure that all family members have gotten enough sleep the night before, as this helps with the fun and relaxation aspects of the session.
- Dos and don’ts of bribery. Get your family excited about the photoshoot, instead of offering a reward in return for their cooperation. This tends to lead to forced smiles and an irritated bunch of people. If you do have small children coming along it’s not a bad idea to give the photographer some bribery options in the form of toys or small food items to make those difficult moments a little easier
- Relinquish control. As much as you’ll want to direct your children on where to stand and how to pose, it’s best to leave that to the photographer as they know what works best. No pressure on you will make you feel more relaxed.
- It’s not just about the posing. The best photos happen when you’re having fun. So, joke and play with your children, hold your partner’s hand and just let the moments happen.
- Plan ahead. Discuss all of your requirements with your photographer beforehand so that the family photo session can just flow. Also, let your photographer know if you want specific pictures taken.
- Keep those sugar levels up. With everyone well fed, the photoshoot will run a lot smoother, therefore, it’s not a bad idea to take a few snacks and some water along for those who might need it
Enjoy capturing your memories.
I hope you enjoyed these tips on
surviving an Austin family photoshoot
, and if you have any others, I’d love to hear them.